Resources

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: King Tea Party - March/April 2010  (Read 4522 times)

muncyweb

• Administrator
King Tea Party - March/April 2010
« on: February 20, 2010, 09:33:27 AM »
I've heard it suggested that the first weekend in March would be a good time for a tea party in King. I would like to suggest maybe having it a bit further out, like March 20th or 27th? I believe by doing so, it might provide us a good opportunity for several actions leading up to the event:

- Ads in the local magazines (Foothill Times) to promote the event
- A flyer canvassing date by Carolina Liberty and other groups like perhaps Stokes Freedomworks to advertise the event
- A mini web page advertising the event (I already have a few domains in mind). I've also got some marketing ideas as well. Something graphically simple but dark, spotlighting a group of tea party folks in the middle, like a movie trailer announcement for an intense movie. Something like "On March ___ We the People converge on King, North Carolina. ... __Web address here (has tea party in the name)__."

Carolina Liberty has discussed and has possible funding options available for advertising, billboards and other methods, which we've already discussed during our meeting with Jim Capo of the John Birch Society two weeks ago. We were making plans to advertise in King publications to spread around a survey to the people of King, asking about their satisfaction with current events and the leadership that is there now. The Tea Party would provide a great launching point for a lengthy campaign in King. I've copied several others with this initial message, including Nathan Jones of NC Tea Party. I'm sure he has a lot of experience in this area as well. I've also copied Jack Gibson of Stokes Freedom Works to see if he could provide some insight as well.

Let's get some feedback going here in the forum so that we can establish a date.
"While some see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do." -Steve Jobs, Apple Computer

david

• Lurker
Re: King Tea Party - March/April 2010
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 03:22:13 PM »
I suggest we pick March 27th and start planning now.

David DeGerolamo

muncyweb

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 03:50:24 PM »
David, March 27th sounds good to me. Any opposition??
"While some see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do." -Steve Jobs, Apple Computer

muncyweb

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 03:55:23 PM »
Emailing to Les Creech:
Les, as per our meeting in King back a few weeks ago, have you checked with the Foothills Times to get some advertising prices? I found another local magazine which we may also want to use, called Yadkin Valley Living (http://www.yadkinvalleyliving.com/). You may want to check their prices as well. It's distributed throughout King as well.

pamassetmgr

• Lurker
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 04:57:26 PM »
Hello,

I just got back into town.  I will check my schedule for the 27th.  Even if I have something planned that day I am sure the 912 group will support it and be there.  Please let me know the location and time and I will post it and get the word out to eveyone I know.  I have a contact at the Foothill Times, let me know if you want me to get prices.  I know the last time I talked to him about a flyer insert he said it was 8 cents per flyer.  I'll be happy to help in any way I can.

Pam

forgivensk8

• Lurker
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 09:52:22 PM »
March 27th sounds good to me. What time are you guys thinking about? Also do people still read the paper?

muncyweb

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 01:56:24 PM »
Jerry, the Foothills Times is a magazine. King has a paper as well, but I don't think it's even as popular as these magazines. I believe because of King's size a couple of flyer canvassing events might be helpful as well.

As for what time, I do remember one of the first extremely successful tea parties I attended was in Winston Salem and was promoted and started in part by the guys at NCTeaParty.com. That one was from 12-2:00 PM in the middle of a work week. So surely on a Saturday, we can really get some serious numbers to come out. How about 12 to 2?

Pam, could you call your contact at the Foothill Times and see how many inserts we would need in order to have them go out to everyone within the King city limits, and what the costs for that would be? Maybe compare this with how many magazines they distribute total? Find out if they would recommend an insert or an actual ad. Mention that we have volunteers that can help put the inserts into the magazines too if that will help the cost.

pamassetmgr

• Lurker
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 10:18:12 PM »
Hi Cliff,

I will call him tomorrow and find out all the specifics and post it back here.

On a different subject did you see the post on the main 912 web site where they are saying that Obama care was pretty much passed in the stimulus bill?  They said what he is talking about now is the third rail of the bill.  I'm not sure if it is true but they have a Doctor reporting this.  She said it was in a prior bill that no one bothered to read.

muncyweb

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 08:34:15 AM »
Thanks Pam.

I replied to your comment about Obama care and posted it in a new topic so we wouldn't get this topic cluttered. Find my response here:
http://carolinaliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=25.0

pamassetmgr

• Lurker
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 06:13:50 PM »
The Foothill Times is working on their May issue.  The March issue is already published.
Pages: [1]
« previous next »